Somerset County Cricket Club announced the signing of the Pakistani left-hander Imam-ul-Haq. Somerset has decided to replace Australia’s Matt Renshaw with the 26-year-old Pakistan international left-handed batsman Imam-ul-Haq as Matt Renshaw is on his way to return home and the reason for leaving Somerset earlier than expected is to be ready for the forthcoming season with Queensland.
Imam-ul-Haq has represented Pakistan in 14 Tests and he recently made his highest score against Australia with 157 runs this year.
The 26-year-old left-hander has got a notable record in first-class cricket as well as he has scored more than 3500 first-class runs too with an average of 41.69 and the apex runs he got were 202 not out.
Imam-ul-Haq will become the third Pakistani player to join Somerset in recent seasons. The other two were Azhar Ali and the current captain of the Pakistan Cricket Team Babar Azam.
Delighted Andy Hurry
Somerset Director of Cricket Andy Hurry is very pleased with the new signing. He praised the Pakistani left-hander Imam-ul-Haq and said in a statement that Imam is an outstanding batter who will bring quality and a wealth of experience to our environment. We have a long-standing working relationship with the PCB [Pakistan Cricket Board] and we are grateful to them for their assistance in helping us to sign a player of this caliber”.
Imam-ul-Haq at the same time is delighted to join the new club as the cricketer said that he has heard a lot about the quality of Somerset from Azhar Ali and Babar Azam. He further added that Somerset is a club with a good reputation and great support.
He also stated that he is looking forward to representing the county and will contribute to some good wins in the County Championship.
Imam-ul-Haq will feature in the final four matches against Gloucestershire, Warwickshire, Northampton shire, and Kent, later this year in September.
- More than one million tickets sold already for FIFA World Cup 2022
- UEFA Women’s Euro 2022 to start on the 6th of July
- Netherlands Lieke Martens joins PSG after leaving Barcelona
- Leo Messi celebrated his 35th Birthday with family in Ibiza
- Liverpool reached an agreement with Benfica for Darwin Nunez
- Vinicius Jr – One of the fine finds for Real Madrid
- Real Madrid announces Tchouameni signing
- Manchester City agree deal sign Kalvin Phillips from Leeds United
- Novak Djokovic wins 1st round at Wimbledon beating Kwon Soon-woo