Shahzada TV | Sports Desk | Pooran still has hope for the return of the boys in the game in spite of consecutive losses. He also testified about the comeback of Hetmyer in the game.
Nichols Pooran is very firm about the arrival of good days in the West Indies. Though WI has faced defeat in the last 8 ODI, the Spirit of the team is high as they have detected their weakness and are willing to work on them. The ambitious attitude of the team developed from their first two matches against India in which they made a 300-plus score.
During his 3rd ODI, Pooran said that I am not assuring whether our batting or bowling is our strength. The team is putting collective efforts to find out what will work best for us. And the more we play like a unit the more we will build our expertise as a team.
Pooran also believes that being an expert either in bowling or batting does not play a good role in leading you to victory. But equal performance in both batting and bowling is a prerequisite for success in a game. Hence, we are supposed to perform well in order to be good at cricket. This is possible only by having a passion to pick things up quickly and stay calm in tough times.
About the defeat from India, Pooran confesses the defeat with heartaches. At the same time, he also assured that the team would try their best to avoid the 3-0 clean sweep as every game is a new opportunity for the losing team to come out of the series of defeats. Pooran also agreed to the fact that it was also heart-wrenching to undergo two consecutive losses. However, this was the time when a team gets loads of lessons to learn in cricket.
Upcoming Schedule until T20 Worldcup 2022
Pooran still has hope and was very anxious about how to deal with the hectic schedule ahead of the mega event of T20I. After 3 ODIs and 5 T20I against India held in the Caribbean and USA, WI will host New Zealand for 3 T20Is and 3 ODIs. CPL will follow these events where the players will be in action from 31Aug – 30 Sept. After that the team will go to Australia for the T20 World Cup.
Pooran also verified the return of batsman Shimron Hetmyer to the team after he has cleared his fitness test. The players represented the team in the T20 World Cup 2021 in UAE. However, he was subjected to fitness and had been excluded from the squad. But, currently, he is in touch with the team in Port-of-Spain and will be seen on the ground soon.
- what is the squad of West Indies for the T20 World Cup
- When is Hetmyer returning to the team
- What is the schedule for West Indies before the T20 World Cup
- Who is the current Captain of West Indies cricket team
- More than one million tickets sold already for FIFA World Cup 2022
- UEFA Women’s Euro 2022 to start on the 6th of July
- Netherlands Lieke Martens joins PSG after leaving Barcelona
- Leo Messi celebrated his 35th Birthday with family in Ibiza
- Liverpool reached an agreement with Benfica for Darwin Nunez
- Vinicius Jr – One of the fine finds for Real Madrid
- The Best Performing Player Wins the Award in PSL 7
- How To Choose The Right Sport For You: A Comprehensive Guide
- 10 ways to train like a professional athlete in 2022
- New Orleans Pelicans booked No 8 seed by beating Clippers