Manchester United are getting closer to pursuing the Dutch midfielder Frenkie De Jong as they have reached an extensive agreement with a fee of 65 million euros and including the add-ons, as The Red Devils want to fulfill the wish of their new manager Erik ten Hag who is looking to reinforce the squad and bring some joy for the fans for the upcoming season after a dreadful campaign last year.
But Man United fans will still have to wait for a while as it gets closer but the club sources still claim that the deal is not done yet as they think there are still some considerable issues to deal with. However the good news for the fans is the progress is seen as a positive as far as the mission to sign the Dutch-man is concerned as its finally reaching closer to its conclusion.
Barcelona likely to sell Frenkie De Jong to Manchester United
Frenkie De Jong currently plays for the Spanish club FC Barcelona. They signed him in 2019 from Ajax for a 65 million euros plus add-ons. Frenkie also extended his contract with the club to stay at the club until 2026. Their manager Xavi thinks he is their main player as he expects him to stay at the club. But due to the financial woes, Barcelona is going through at the moment they might let the Dutch midfielder go to balance their accounts.
Manchester United are yet to make any signing as rivals sign their desired players
Premier League rivals of Manchester United have started spending cash and signing their wanted players. Such as Manchester City signs Kalvin Phillips from Leeds United. Arsenal getting the Brazilian forward Jesus from Man City. Liverpool signing Benfica striker Darwin Nunez. But Manchester United are still to make any signings as they have not made one this summer. And fans await to see a big name coming to their club.
The new manager of The Red Devils, Ten Hag started his new journey with the club as he led his first training with the team this Monday with non-international players.
- More than one million tickets sold already for FIFA World Cup 2022
- UEFA Women’s Euro 2022 to start from 6th of July
- Netherlands Lieke Martens joins PSG after leaving Barcelona
- Leo Messi celebrated his 35th Birthday with family in Ibiza
- Liverpool reach an agreement with Benfica for Darwin Nunez
- Vinicius Jr – One of fine finds for Real Madrid
- Real Madrid announces Tchouameni signing
- Manchester City agree deal to sign Kalvin Phillips from Leeds United
- Novak Djokovic wins 1st round at Wimbledon beating Kwon Soon-woo