England Under-19 wins the European Under-19 Championship by beating the Israel U-19 team in the final.
Ian Foster the head coach of the English team admired plucky England for their efforts and putting up a display of togetherness as they came from behind to beat the Israel Under-19 to win the European Under-19 Championship.
An Impressive display from an England U-19 team
Israel was in the leading position earlier in the game as they scored the first goal. Oscar Gloch was their scorer who was assisted by Lugasi for their opener against the Young Lions in the first half of the game.
England once again had to dig deep as they faced a notable Israeli team that had already impressed everyone by beating France in the semi-finals and were a worthy opponent for the Young Lions in the final.
As the second half started England seemed desperate to get the equalizer as they were pushing for one and at the 52nd minute of the game Callum Doyle scored the equalizer for the Young Lions, it was inevitable. Just after the goal, Ramsey was sent on for the English team. He provided some energy that was needed by the English team and he helped in creating more chances for the team.
Chukwuemeka has been a key player for the English team in this tournament and he came very close to scoring one for the team as his attempt hit the post in normal time before going for the extra time in the game.
The game deciding moment
The final went to the extra time as both the teams were level 1-1 at full time of normal time.
In the first half of extra-time, both teams failed to score a goal. But in the 2nd half of the extra-time Chukwuemeka, the star of the tournament for England scored a goal in the 108th minute to make it 2-1 in favor of the Young Lions. Just after 8 minutes, England managed to score another when Ramsey scored in the 116th minute of the game. The final ended with a 3-1 score-line in favor of England as they won the U-19 European Championship.
With winning yet another U-19 European Championship England has now won the cup twice in the last five years, the previous one coming in the year 2017.
- More than one million tickets sold already for FIFA World Cup 2022
- UEFA Women’s Euro 2022 to start on the 6th of July
- Netherlands Lieke Martens joins PSG after leaving Barcelona
- Leo Messi celebrated his 35th Birthday with family in Ibiza
- Liverpool reached an agreement with Benfica for Darwin Nunez
- Vinicius Jr – One of the fine finds for Real Madrid
- Real Madrid announces Tchouameni signing
- Manchester City agree deal sign Kalvin Phillips from Leeds United
- Novak Djokovic wins 1st round at Wimbledon beating Kwon Soon-woo